Friday, August 23, 2013

The Nursery

This has been a long one coming, I know. I had all intentions of posting it before the baby and then I gt tired and just wanted to lay at night. Then Laney showed up a week early. So then I kinda had that newborn excuse. Then I got mastitis in both boopers. Fun. And at almost six weeks later we are swinging, so here I am! Welcome to Laney's nursery...






 I made these from our sod pallets. The artwork is from John W. Golden.
 I stained this crate from Michaels. Eventually I want to add a little mirror next to it or a little felt board with things she can stick to it.
 I love this print. My friend Megan first pinned a poster from Vintagraph.com and I immediately had to check it out. I fell in love with so many of them, but went for this one. Under Wild Life it states, The National Parks Preserve All Life. I thought it was so fitting for a baby's room.
 I made this light for fifteen bucks. We bought shade and a lighting kit. Boom! You have a light.




These last shots are from a Sip and See shower I had for Laney. We had everyone try to bring any slightly used mommy or baby items they could to donate to our local YCC. 
I wanted to show this last photo of the bunting I made because it now hangs in Laney's room above her crib. Unfortunately it is pretty dark shot, but it is made from items I already had. Cute pink socks, onesies, fabric, a hat. I am also trying to figure out where to hang a rod to put some blankets on.
Laney's room is a good mix of things I made, bought, and reused. I really, really love it. I hope she does too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment