Monday, July 1, 2013

House Tour: Kid Zone

Let's head up stairs, shall we?



At the top of the stairs, let's turn right and head to...
Jack's Room
Or Jack's Wing, as he likes to call it. I am still in the process of sewing drapes for the rooms. I did purchase the original fabric from my initial post about Jack's room. In addition to adding those, we are still figuring out some sort of apothecary type shelving for the opposite wall, above the white IKEA storage. Down the line we may purchase or build some sort of bunk bed and desk. Still weighing our options on that one.





Let's head over the bridge, down the hall to...

Millie's Room
And quite honestly, one of my favorites.  We took the light from our old dining room that was my great grandma's and put it in her room. I think it is the perfect fit. I know I said we were going to have this purple-pink theme going on in here, but it has literally blossomed into a colorful room. At least it is on it's way. This room is bright, colorful, and has a fun little layout, perfect for a girl like Millie with a large imagination.
Her walls are a cream color, that we love. But I think adding something to the walls, like a stencil or other treatment would be fun. But yet again, that is waaay down on the list. As is with installing shelving and a reading bench in the nook where her dollhouse currently is. I have one picture to hang and eventually a full length mirror, and then her room is done and done.





Next to Millie's room is....
The Kid's Bathroom
Blah, blah, boring. There is nothing magical or special or even colorful going on in here. It's just the place where the kids are supposed to wash and poop. And for some reason, both seem to regularly happen in our bathroom. C'mon kids, at least do it in the half bath? We sooo don't regret having only two and a half baths.


Around the corner from the bathroom is the....
Playroom
If some of you remember, I have been super excited for this room. And then you move in, get everything unpacked, and remember that you have to put in a ginormous yard and realize you have no money.
But I do adore this room. It may not have a lot of the finishing touches in it like I planned (ie.., pillow coverings, drapes, storage), it is quite cute and comfy in here. Take a look around.








Now you may be wondering about the nursery for the babes. Well I am so stinkin excited to share this room with you! And it is 99% done. I will be posting pics here in a few days. And bonus! we have the crib set up, baby bag packed, diapers bought (that was a really weird thing to throw those in the cart), and I sent in my hospital paperwork. It's getting real up in here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment