Monday, May 21, 2012

Going one week, going two weeks, SOLD!

Yeah, yeah, so we pretty much sold our house in just two weeks after listing it on KSL. Our friend, Garrett, actually sold it in two weeks. I start out by saying yeah, yeah, yeah, because that is me trying to sound nonchalant because only crazy people get crazy when they move, right? Not true my friends. This laid back, it will all work out kind of gal, is FREAKING OUT. 
I have finally "let go" of this house that I adore. I thought that would be the hard part, saying uh buh-bye to thirty years in this place. Having Jack and Millie learn to walk down the same hallway I did. Find Easter eggs behind the same bushes I did. Bump their heads on the same gosh forsaken counter corner I did. But I am doing good on that front. We'll see  how I am when the furniture starts a moving.
 

What we are struggling with is WHERE we really want to be. As much as we have prepared to move, nothing prepares you to wig out about the next step more than selling a house super quick.
We are used to what we like to call "The South". An area of comfort for us you may say. We struggle with change. How many posts has that been in now? The problem with staying south is, that there is zero, nada, nilch, when it comes to land with space. Sooo, we are headed northwest. Actually, right across the street from my dad. It was a location that yes, still put us close to family members. Comforting. Second, we are purchasing a skinny hunk of land (a tad over-priced, grrr) as close to the city as possible, but that still granted us some much needed outdoor space. Comforting, I can see the backyard games now. And third, we get to build a home from the ground up. I don't know if that is comforting for let's say, the sanity of our marriage :), but it will be nice to have plumbing newer than 1945.
We are getting more excited as the days go one, but I am here to tell you that this process is not an easy one. We have thought and over-thought and are mentally fried. So stick with us, it is going to be a fun, bumpy ride. Here goes.


2 comments:

cwall said...

This is really real, huh? Although, I am quite excited for you-I am also having withdrawals. I dare say we've been within about five miles (if not one or two) of each other for the last 16 or 17 years. Just a quick trip around the corner.......I guess I will make due (do? which one is it???) Let me know how I can help.

Rachel said...

I guess selling it quickly means you were supposed to move, then! Excited for you - best wishes as you make BIG decisions building your new home for your new memories.

Post a Comment