Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Dog Bedrooffice

Did ya catch that? Yeah it might be the worst contraction ever, but we are sneak peeking our office slash Spike's bedroom. A room for a dog? Why yes, but not by choice. Our loveable pup spends about 80% of his day staring out the front room window. He loves it. Can't get enough of it. Or me. That dog loves his mama.
Moving on, let's look at the  color scheme for the office:
My idea for this room didn't come from these fabrics or an inspiration room like many other rooms in the house. It came from our rug from IKEA that I don't think they sell anymore. We had it in our dining room in the 267. Here's some one's photo, but the blog redirects me to another site.
So when I came across that Ikat Argyle fabric I was excited. It goes with the colors in the rug and on the walls and has a fun, playful feel about it. I sewed pillows and a cushion cover for the office chair from the fabric. With what's left I will cover the magnet boards or figure out how to incorporate it into the window coverings.
We also eventually want to repaint the office cream or navy. It gets lots of sun and I think bringing in a deep color would add something different to our lower level for sure. 
Pinned ImageOnce I ordered the fabric (back when we lived in our old house) I started to scour Pinterest trying to find a room that I had envisioned in my mind. Something functional first and foremost. I wanted it to have storage for each family members paperwork and room for the kids to spread out homework if they need a quiet area away from the dining room. Something like this:
We already have a desk similar to above from IKEA. It is long and allows for two people to sit at and has one set of drawers. I would like to add another table top to it but lowered down to a kid level. Or add a desk over in the corner by the entry to the room. Not sure if you remember our office in the basement of the old house, I posted it right? Well, like that office, we will incorporate shelving, magnet boards, art, and items that we own.
So where does the doggie part of the doggie den come in? (I should've used that as my title, much more clever! Dang.) Well, it comes in the form of an over sized chair that matches the couch in the play room. It is too large to fit up there, so down it goes to the office.
The only part of this room that I am worried about, is the color scheme going with the flooring. It is a medium brown color, so, not sure how well things will mesh. Guess we will find out next week, we close Tuesday. A crazy thought for me! It's actually happening, what?!


0 comments:

Post a Comment