Monday, March 25, 2013

Bonus Room Peek-a-Boo

I know I have been ga ga over this room for awhile and so I will get right to it. Feast your eyes!
Cute, huh? Besides being super bright and comfy, if you look closely you will see that the couch is pretty much identical to ours:
Can you say it was a sign? I think so! Yeeeah, I'm reaching, I know. And I know I can not afford the price tag of that oh so adorable I-might-actually-stay-and-watch-an-episode-of-Mickey Mouse Clubhouse-room. But here's where I am going with it.

Number one: Getting That Shade of Graqua. AKA: greenish, aquaish

The color of the room is actually pretty darn close to the MPMK room. It seems a bit brighter in these photos, but it is the bomb in real life. Especially because my hubs spent so much time painting it. Take a look:


Number Two: The Accents
I am sad to report that I have found nothing (by nothing I mean, nothing on sale) as far as fabric goes, but here is what I will get if I come across an extra $18.00. Eighteen bucks does not sound like a lot to make a couple pillows out of, but $18 a yard is. And I think Chris would back me up when I say, "Back it down on the fabric purchases lady. Back. It. Down.":
And I would accent it with something like this:
And I purchased this from Urban Outfitters before we moved for that hint of green:
Their pictures always upload crappy. Click the link for better shots of it. As for everything else going in there, it is pretty much the stuff we already have. The play table, toys, the TV, in the nook area next to the closet will be Mill's kitchen. I have a dream of adding even more fabric! across the top to play as a stage curtain and to hide any additional clutter. But let's be honest, it's the play room and the upstairs is pretty much Kid Zone, so it's gonna be messy. 
No artwork or anything else fun to add to the room has come to fruition yet, but at this point (hopefully we are two weeks from closing) I feel the need to see what we have in storage before I come up with any new projects. It's been so looong, eight months guys, since I have laid eyes on 80% of what we used to surround ourselves in daily. let's just say I am getting excited!
The office and foyer are up next.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment