Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day Edition: The Barf Years

Happy Mother's Day! Hopefully you are looking forward to a Sunday morning sleep-in like myself. I especially am because we just began night number two, as well as child number two, with the barfs. It's Mother's Day, ya'll! 
Yes, we are in the depths of The Barf Years. All of you with little toddlers are reading this in horror and disgust. And all of you with older children are sitting back smiling because you know exactly what I am talking about. Our kids never had many, but it seems like they go from ear infections, to barfing phases, and onto those icky teenage years where you just don't want to ask what is wrong with them.
The tummy aches, oh the constant tummy aches of my seven year old. We talk to the doctor about it, google it, it drives use borderline crazy because you just don't know. THE TUMMY ACHE IS SO VAGUE! J has been suffering from tummy aches and fatigue all week. Is he growing? Does he have mono? Is he just in a phase? It is enough to break a parent down because all we want are happy energetic kids who want to wrestle with us and play ball in the yard. Tonight at 10:40 he finally puked. And it was epic. Gross and rancid beyond imagine. Like Spike's dog hair in our house, the smell will be with me long after it is gone. He gagged, I gagged, everyone gag gagged. Did I give you virtual chills? Hope so. BUUUT, he feels better. And we feel better. Yay! We know what it is! (hopefully) So even though it stinks that he barfed (har har), at least we don't have the WebMD cloud hanging over our heads of what it could be. Is it gas? Is it his spleen? Oh, please don't be his spleen! It was just the barfs? Oh, we can do the barfs. Barf is gooood.
I wish you all the most smelly good, happiest of Mother's Days! Now I must go rub myself down with Vicks to mask the smells coming forth out of my freshly bleached, but still smells like upchuck of a bathroom. Good night. ;)

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Ugh, so sorry! I hope your week got better!

Post a Comment